Harishchandragad trek is one of the most challenging treks in the western ghats of Maharashtra. A popular trek that offers a variety of adventures to all kinds of trekkers.
It is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district situated in the Malshej Ghat. It climbs up to an altitude of 4,670 ft.
Harishchandragad is an ancient fort. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century during the rule of the Kalchuri dynasty. But the caves which you see on the top are probably carved out in the 11th century.
The various constructions on the fort and those in the surrounding region indicate the existence of diverse cultures. Saptatheertha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar cave, Harishchandra temple and other caves are the examples for that.
Harishchandragad trek has multiple routes and each route offers a surprise to the trekkers.
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Vehicle from Pune to Pune
- Safety Equipment.
- First Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not included in Inclusions
We will start from Pune Bhapkar Petrol pump Swarget in the morning.
We will reach Dongarvadi on 6:30am.
Trek leader will give a briefing.
Rappelling equipment will be distributed.
Before starting rappelling, we have one hour trek toward the rappelling point.
We will be back Pune by 9 pm
- 3:55 AM- Bhapakar Petrol Pump, Opp- City Pride, Satara Road
- 4:05 AM- Dandekar bridge
- 4:15 AM- Samudra Hotel Nalstop
- 4:25 AM- Karve Statue
- 4:35 AM- The Alpinist Office ,Jijai Nagari
- 4:45 AM- Lohia Jain IT Park Chandani Chowk
- 4:55 AM- Chandani Chowk Towards Paud Raod
- Mask and Hand sanitizer Compulsory
- Poncho or Rain Jacket
- 2 liter water (Must)
- Some dry snacks
- Full sleeve T-shirt and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt
- Good trekking shoes (CTR)
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
- Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
- Packs things properly in a plastic bag
- Camera, (Optional)
- Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
- Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
- A haversack to put in all the things.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
- While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
- If suffering tfrom any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heat stroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
- Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
- No smoking and drinking
- No plastic littering.
- Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
- No jeans/skin-tight cloths.
- Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
- Conserve and preserve our heritage.
- No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
- We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.