Lingana Fort is a massive pinnacle on the mainline of the Sahyadris between Raigad and Torna Fort. It is in the Mahad Taluka of Raigad district. It is 35 km away from Mahad town. It takes its name from its shape which is like a linga. It is 2969 feet high with an ascent of four miles, the first half is easy to climb while the second is difficult.
Lingana fort was built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in 1648 to secure central Konkan against the Sidis.
The Lingana Climbing Expedition journey brings you the ultimate lifetime adventure & thrilling experience, so get ready for the Real Adventure & Trekking. Being the most difficult fort in Maharashtra it is visited by only a few trekkers and that too very few trekkers manage to reach top. The technical expertise needed to climb this fort as reaching the summit involves massive 1200 ft technical climbing & while descending approx 600 ft rappelling which requires all mountaineering equipment & certified experience. Plus Valley Adventure, Pune will take you to summit of Lingana with 100 % safety we will provide all branded equipment to each participating member to assure safety more than 100%.
- Climbing 2,969 Ft
- Top Amazing view
- Trek full of adventure
What is included in the tour
- Certified volunteers by Indian Mountaineering Foundation
- Travel from Pune to Pune
- Equipment charges (Keeping safety as priority participants, we do not comprise on equipments, hence separate harness for each participant)
- First aid support
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not included in Inclusions
On the previous night we will start journey on 10:00pm from Bhapkar Petrol pump City Pride Swarget. Reach Mohari village approximately 1:30am. Take rest upto 5:00am.
Wake up call on 5:00am. Have fresh there. Trek briefing will be given by Trek Leader. We have breakfast and Tea there. On 5:30am start trek towards Lingana base, 1:30 hrs trek. Some briefing will be there. On 7:15am we will start climbing. In the middle of fort there are caves. We can take water from water tank. After caves 1:30 hrs climb is there. We will reach on top around 10am. One hour rest on top. See the beauty of mighty Sahyadri. We can see Raigad, Rajgad, Torna from the top.
We will start rapple down and reach base on approximately 3pm and reached Mohari 4:30p.m. Return journey will start on 7pm. We will reach Pune by 9 to 10pm.
1. Bhapkar Petrol Pump City Pride Swarget- 10:00pm
2. Dandekar Bridge- 10:10pm
3. Nalstop Samudra Hotel- 10:20pm
4. Karve Statue 10:30pm
5. Lohiya Jain Park Chandani Chouk 10:40pm
6. HVR Soc 10:45pm
7. Navale bridge- 11:00pm
- Mask and sanitizer compulsory
- 2 liters of water (Must)
- take extra food/dry foods/ fruits to eat while climbing.
- Torch Compulsory
- Full sleeve T-shirts and full pants.
- For girls full neck t-shirts.(Must) Half T-Shirts not allowed.
- Scarf for ladies(compulsory)
- Good trekking shoes,
- Sleeping Bag/Blanket (Must)
- Sleeping Mattress
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
- Packs things properly
- Camera, (Optional)
- Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
- Carry eatable like s, dry fruits to munch on during trek the and to avoid dehydration.
- A haversack to put in all the things.
- Good to have a stick for support.
- One small bag to carry only water and foods
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
- While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
- If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heat stroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
- Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
- No smoking and drinking
- No plastic littering.
- No Plastic packed bottles allowed. Only Reusable water bottles
- Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
- No jeans/skin-tight cloths.
- Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
- Conserve and preserve our heritage.
- No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
- We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.